Wednesday, February 27, 2013

YUMbrella Rig

YUMbrella rig google image

Cheating or not cheating? Its the newest of lures and it has caused quite a stir in the fishing industry.
Umbrella rigs have been used on boats searching for those monster saltwater beasts for ages and now we have a castable 3 or 5 swim bait option for freshwater and it seems to get the bass hot and bothered!
Ever see this and wonder what it means?

google image


Most states outlawed this particular lure and EVERY bass tournament forbids it being used with be disqualified and forfeit of rest of bass season. Most guys and girls out there that I know dont attend weekly bass tournaments and as long as they practice catch and release I dont see a problem using it.

I am writing about the YUMbrella rig because my buddy Matt was recently at Bass Pro Shops and had picked up one for me and him to try this up coming season. I have to be honest in the beginning I thought that it shouldn't be used but now i've decided to give it a try. We both support catch, weigh, photo, and let it go on its merry way back to its home to get bigger for next year. So if this rig helps us catch more fish Why not?

He has a one year old daughter at home and im happily married so its fair to say that we might not get to fish as much or for as long as we used to. We get from mid-April to October and trust me, it flys by so we have to make every fishing trip count.

Im very curious to see how this works and the first week of april cant come soon enough! I was looking at some youtube videos and like to share them with you readers and I hope to have some videos/pictures of my success.



I highly suggest to anyone using this for first time down south to have a 7 foot medium heavy or even heavy rod with some braided line because one 5 pound bass is enough to horse in never mind two 5 pound slobs at once!

Hope to show you all my success with this YUMbrella rig soon... I hope March comes and goes!

Ill leave with some photos! :) Remember catch and release! We want our kids, kids to be able to enjoy this wonderful sport!




No comments:

Post a Comment