Thursday, February 21, 2013

Here I go...

Hey fellow bloggers!
   This is my first blog / post so bear with me. My wife is a hourly blogger and kept telling me I should make a blog about my love for fishing! Honestly I think she just doesn't want to hear me talk about fishing spots , hook sizes, reviews on reels/rods etc. and that if I type it on my blog she won't have to listen. She will still get an ear full ;) 

So I think I should start my first post with my success of last year and then we can talk about the up coming year fresh and salt. Two months to go till we can fish again here and I've toyed with building lures, researching reels/rods and what the pros use and when do they use it.

My goal this year is a 40 pound striper ( onshore, not in a boat)  my personal best is a 44 1/2 inch 28.1 lb. striper and a 4.26 lb. largemouth bass. I look to improve both numbers in 2013!!!

Let me share some pictures so you see I'm not full of typical fisherman lies, before we talk about gear, secret fishing holes, techniques and of course our stories of the one that got away! ( I have a story already to tell, it must have been a loch ness monster)



Pops and I with canal cow
24,25 and 28 lb cow from canal  3 days in a row.... 
Dighton Rock 11 lb 30 inch keeper (first of year)

25 lb canal cow in Oct 2012
My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.  ~Koos Brandt

6 comments:

  1. Babe, I love the idea of the blog and the 1st post. I hope u will make friends and share experiences here.

    Even saying silly things like "I can't wait for the fall" I want u to know I am proud of u for loving something that is good for your health and peace of mind!

    Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck on your endeavors this season

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Blake! I can't wait to get my line in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish the Bass we catch over here in England were that big!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dan. How big do they get over there? On land you are really lucky to to get a 30+ lb bass but in a boat they get them up to 60+ lb bass! My biggest was 28.1 lb 44.5 inch bass but they get to be 55+ inches. I'd love to go to England and fish for anything :)

    ReplyDelete